Make ahead and on-the-go options for busy mornings
CINCINNATI, Aug. 10, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — Kroger Health, the healthcare division of The Kroger Co. (NYSE: KR), today shared quick and easy kid-and parent-approved back-to-school breakfast ideas.
“Back-to-school often serves as an annual reset for families, with a recommitment to routines and many times an increased interest in healthful habits,” said Taylor Newman, director of nutrition and registered dietitian, Kroger Health. “An easy way to start a back-to-school reset is preparing for success with a simple breakfast plan to tackle busy mornings. Breakfast does not have to be complicated and Kroger offers quick make-ahead and grab-and-go options for a solid start to each day.”
The American Academy of Pediatrics cites many health and well-being benefits associated with children and adolescents eating breakfast including, healthier body weights; better memory, attention and test scores; and better overall nutrition.1
To make back-to-school mornings a bit easier and provide students with sustainable energy to start the day, Newman suggests make-ahead breakfasts such as:
- Omelet bites: Scramble one dozen Kroger eggs for protein, place in a muffin tin and add chopped Kroger frozen spinach and Kroger frozen three pepper and onion blend. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until cooked through. Store in the refrigerator up to seven days or in the freezer for up to three months.
- Fruit-topped waffles: Simple Truth® Buttermilk Vanilla Protein Waffles topped with Simple Truth Organic® Sunflower Butter—or your favorite nut butter—and bananas. Get creative and try different fruit combinations.
- Breakfast parfait: In a mason jar, add Simple Truth Organic® Nonfat Vanilla Bean Greek Yogurt, layer with Simple Truth Organic® Frozen Triple Berry Medley and top with Simple Truth® Probiotic Seeds and Cran Dragon Fruit Granola.
For those extra busy mornings, try grab-and-go items such as:
- Simple Truth® Gluten Free Rice Bite Variety Pack
- Simple Truth® No Stir Almond Butter Pouch BIG Deal!
- Simple Truth Organic® Raspberry and Blueberry Fruit and Veggie Blend Strips
- Bananas or any favorite fresh fruit
Customers can shop these products and the back-to-school items they need by shopping in-store, through Kroger Pickup or delivered using Boost by Kroger Plus, the delivery membership that can save customers up to $1,000 per year on fuel and grocery delivery. Eligible customers can now try the Boost membership with a free 30-day trial and subscribe on a monthly basis for as little as $7.99 a month.
At The Kroger Co. (NYSE: KR), we are dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit. We are, across our family of companies nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless digital shopping experience and retail food stores under a variety of banner names, serving America through food inspiration and uplift, and creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. To learn more about us, visit our newsroom and investor relations site.
About Kroger Health:
Kroger Health, the healthcare division of The Kroger Co., is one of America’s leading retail healthcare organizations. Kroger Health and the Kroger Family of Pharmacies and clinics operate more than 2,200 pharmacies and more than 220 clinics in 35 states serving more than 17 million customers annually. Our team of 24,000 associates, including pharmacists, nurse practitioners, dietitians and technicians, believe in practicing at the top of our licenses, enabling “food as medicine” to help prevent disease before it starts, and helping people live healthier lives. For more information, visit www.kroger.com/health.
1 Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Breakfast Intake Among Children and Adolescents: United States, 2015–2018. Accessed August 7, 2023.
SOURCE The Kroger Co.
Originally published at https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/kroger-health-shares-easy-back-to-school-breakfast-ideas-301897911.html
Images courtesy of https://pixabay.com
The post Kroger Health Shares Easy Back-to-School Breakfast Ideas first appeared on POST CARD PLANET.